Post Valentine's Day Thoughts

11:28 am

   


 When I found out that valentine's day this year will be on a Sunday, I was so happy. I thought; at least person go hear word this year. I was not expecting it to be like other years if not worse. I thought that people will give God that little respect of celebrating it as it should be - visit the sick, less privileged and those who really need someone to shower love on them.
   
   I was so disappointed to find out that it was just the same as all the other years. With the  drinking,the sexing(if there is any such word) and the partying 14th February 2016 could have been any other day but not Sunday. Am not trying to sound hypocritical but then Sunday and for some people Saturday is supposed to be a day set aside for the worship of God Almighty right?
 
   Yesterday two girls lost their lives in an accident, I have no idea where they might have been coming from or going to but hearing that sad news made me realise they won't be the only ones. A lot of girls lost their dignity all in the name of love,others contracted STDs and some others made mistakes that they will forever regret all in the name of love.

    That got me thinking,is it really necessary to celebrate Valentine's Day if those we are supposed to be showing love to are still languishing in prisons, orphanages etc? Does the fact that a guy took you out on Valentine's Day mean that he truly loves you? Do all relationships last beyond Valentine's Day? What truly is Valentine's Day all about?
 
   For those who have already made mistakes, learn from them, and for the rest of us, before we decide to celebrate Valentine's Day next year let's ask ourselves what we are really celebrating.
 
   I leave you with this question;
What does Valentine's Day mean to you?
I'll be glad to get your reply but in the meantime know that a day is not enough to celebrate love.
With all the love in my heart I wish you a wonderful week ahead.
 

You Might Also Like

0 comments

ads

Like us on Facebook

Popular Posts