HOW TO MAKE THE BEST OF 2018

3:52 pm

Hi guys! Happy New Year to you all (because this is my first post for the year). I hope you had a beautiful holiday. 

Everyone wants this year to be better than last year. We've made resolutions for the new year, some of which we've gone back on already. My Dad said and I quote, 'Making resolutions does not change anything, determining to be better does'.


In today's post I'll be sharing with you 7 ways to make the best of this new year. I hope we all (myself included) try our best to put them to practice.

1. Pray as if it depends on praying:
 My mom tells my siblings and I this a lot. This year rather than pray 'God I want this... God give me that..', let our prayer be, 'Father reveal your will for me this year and give me grace to live according to it.' I tell you, it's easier, and we make more progress when we are running with the wind and not against it. So pray as if it depends on praying and as you do so remember to pray for others. What's the point of being successful if there's no one to share in your joy?

2. Drink lots of water


My mom always made us drink a large cup of water as soon as we woke up. Water therapy, she called it. We all hated it and soon she stopped bothering. Recently, I decided to try it out and see what the fuss was about.

  The first day, I could barely finish a cup but with time I got used to it. I can now comfortably finish more than two sachet of water in a day (I couldn't finish one before) and I feel lighter. It's also an anti-constipation treatment (I used to constipate a lot). Drinking water regularly, especially first thing in the morning, has a lot of benefits, all of which I can't start listing, but you'll be so glad you did.

3. Exercise/ workout



When we hear work out most of us come up with the ever-so-ready excuse that we do not have access to a gym or time to visit one. Well, you do not need to leave your house to workout, you do not even need to leave your room. 

There are lots of exercise routines on Pinterest and also apps on Play Store that can help you exercise in your room. If you can afford to go to the gym or to have a personal trainer, good for you.


 Remember you have to be determined and disciplined for it to work. Exercising makes me feel lighter, like I can handle anything the day brings. It also makes me feel better about myself. The advantages of exercise cannot be over emphasised. No matter your age or work schedule, there's a simple exercise for you. 

PS: It also hurts like hell. I had abdominal pain for 3 days because of sit up, so expect the pain. Besides, no pain, no gain right?


4. Read


Readers are leaders period. In Memories; Growing Up, I talked about reading a lot as a kid. But in all honesty, as soon as I started pre-clinicals proper, it was as if someone had put off a switch. Every time I picked up a nonacademic book to read, my medical books, Last Anatomy to be precise, seemed to be laughing at me. Through out last year, I read less than 10 books, a very disappointing number for someone used to finishing books over night. 

  This year I have decided, and you should too, to read as much books as I can and put the knowledge garnered to practice. This includes fiction and nonfiction. The author of the book I am currently reading said that reading even outside your immediate scope is a good way of excelling and becoming better if not the best. I know we all want to be the best we can be.

5. Study The Bible For Yourself



There seems to be a lot of misunderstanding on what the Bible says or does not say. Many people depend on what their pastors said and when the time comes to defend what they claim to believe, they fail to  do so convincingly. The theme for my church this year is; Living by the word of God. You can't live by what you do not know or do not understand.

 This year, determine to make out time every day to study the Bible personally. Understand what God demands of you and the promises He has made available for you. To excel this year we need Him more than anything else. Remember, He has promised to teach our hands to make wealth. 

PS: Proverbs is a good place to start in case you don't know where to begin. Also, there are lots of good devotionals out there, I recommend Daily Guide by Scripture Union.


6. Be Friendly


Let's all try to be better. Be more sensitive, be more tolerant, be more forgiving, be more considerate. Let's go out of our way to help others without expecting something in return. The sky is big enough for everyone.

7. Be Diligent: Put your best foot forward. No matter what you do, always give your best. 
Proverbs  10:4  says, He becometh poor that dealeth with a slack hand: but the hand of the diligent maketh rich.


That's it guys! 7 ways to make the best of this year. Feel free to add your ideas in the comments section down below. Have a fruitful year ahead. Thanks.

Image Sources :
Create a smile project 
LibrErin
Christianity Today 
Lies Young Women Believe 
Shuttershock
Dave Miller's Mexico 

You Might Also Like

0 comments

ads

Like us on Facebook

Popular Posts