MY BLOGGING JOURNEY

10:40 pm

     
   I remember vividly the day I started my blog. It was the same day Linda Ikeji posted pictures of her new Banana Island home. I did not understand how someone could make money from the internet and so decided to find out what a blog was. The definition I got was; an online journal, and I remember thinking 'that's not for me'.
    
   Growing up, I had tried countless times to keep a journal and failed woefully each time. I shoved aside the idea of ever starting a blog and got ready for church service (my church was having the CGIT -Christian Girls' in training, emphasis week).

   I can't remember what the theme was but I remember the Reverend told us that we were not to young to influence our generation and the world at large. He gave instances of young girls in our contemporary times who had caused changes in their environment and spheres  and encouraged us to make use of things we had and the internet most especially to propagate change.

   That night I stayed awake researching and reading everything I could lay my hands on about how to start a blog and by the early hours of the next day, Chizny's blog was a reality. I posted a thing or two the first few days which I later deleted for not being good enough and have posting as often as I can ever since.

   Combining blogging and my academics has not been easy, in fact it has been pretty frustrating. But a journey of a thousand miles they say, begins with a step. I might not be where I want to be yet but I am getting better and I am grateful for the opportunity to share my thoughts and opinions with the rest of the world.

   Thank you all so much for being a part of this beautiful journey. Sit tight, relax, and let's grow. I love you but you already know that.
PS; Do you have a blog? How did you start and how has it been? 

You Might Also Like

0 comments

ads

Like us on Facebook

Popular Posts