Be bold for change

10:18 pm

                  For my last day as a twenty year old, I decided to try something new, something I have never done before. I went for a seminar, FEMPOWER. Most people love such programs, seminars and stuff but I don't. I never ever ever go for programs, as I matter of fact I run in the other direction whenever I hear 'seminar'. 
            
I started the day angry, no thanks to myself for letting my friend get me angry. My friends were very enthusiastic about the whole thing, truth be told, I wasn't, so their enthusiasm( or over enthusiasm) was annoying, because as far as I was concerned , they were carrying the matter on their head. I was woken up as early as I can't even remember for a program that was to start by 11 o'clock, and if there is anything I do not joke with, it's my sleep. I can go without food but do not ever joke with my sleep (it's actually a federal offence to do that) so I was furious, the anger multiplied when I got ready and had to wait for almost if not over an hour for the same people that practically dragged me out of my bed. The entire trip to the venue, I was in a sour mood, I didn't even take pictures with others because I did not want to spoil anybody's vibe.
But then I looked around and noticed the number of ladies that had turned out for this event, and it hit me, for a long time I really had no idea what the program was about, I knew Chinwe had been tagging me to every post concerning the program she came across but I was only realising that this was not just an event, it was ladies coming out to support and promote themselves, I don't know much about the feminism talk but I support women a 100 and 1 percent every and any day.
                                  
To cut what would have been a very long story short, I lovvveeed every bit of it and am glad I came. Thanks to everyone who dragged me along. I appreciate. It's about time we'all  started to build ourselves. Helping someone grow does not cause brain cancer (note to self), let's all support one another, the sky is big enough.
Oh! People of God!!
Arise and Shine!!
( Presbyterians go understand).




You Might Also Like

0 comments

ads

Like us on Facebook

Popular Posts